Get Concrete Proof of Condition & Construction
Innovation and Modern Techniques form the backbone of HTA's approach to Concrete Investigations, all backed up with over 30 years of experience, supported by expert lab analysis.
Our Concrete Investigation work falls into two main categories; first, the condition of the concrete and second the construction details of the concrete itself. These lists are not exhaustive, but give you a flavour of the length and depth of the work we cover.
Need to know the concrete condition?
Should you need to discover the concrete condition and it's embedded reinforcement, HTA employs a vast range of techniques to determine the condition and potential repair strategies to enable you to move forward with confidence.THE FOLLOWING ARE COVERED UNDER OUR UKAS ACCREDITATION SCHEME
- Covermeter Survey - to determine the protective thickness of the concrete covering the reinforcement bars
- Half-Cell Potential Survey - to determine the risk of reinforcement corrosion of the embedded reinforcement
- Depth of Carbonation Survey - to determine this depth and it's associated risk with reinforcement corrosion
- Extraction of Dust Samples - for levels of contaminants in the concrete eg chloride levels
- Extraction of Core Samples - for material characteristics of the concrete eg cement, sulphate & alkali contents
- GPR - to determine cracking and voidage in concrete
- Tomography (Ultrasonic)Survey 1 - alternative technology to determine cracking and voidage in concrete
- Tomography (Ultrasonic)Survey 2 - to determine the variations in concrete quality due to external effects eg fire or frost damage
- High Alumina Cement (HAC) Survey - visual and sampling survey to determine the presence of HAC
- Resistivity Survey - to determine the rate of corrosion of the embedded reinforcement
- Linear Polarisation Survey - to determine extent of corrosion present to embedded reinforcement
- Crack Survey - to determine extent, depth and movement of cracks the latter utilising monitoring equipment
- Visual Survey - carried out to determine visual condition of concrete
- Delamination (Hammer tap) Survey - to determine delaminated (hollow sounding) and spalled concrete
Need to know the concrete construction?
With innovative technology HTA can determine the concrete construction details while reducing the requirement for intrusive investigations and the large scale removal of samples for testing, enabling you to move forward with confidence.NON INTRUSIVE INVESTIGATIONS
- Covermeter Survey - to determine pattern of embedded reinforcement
- GPR Surveys - to accurately determine reinforcement patterns, multiple pattern layers, bar size changes, post tensioned element location and thickness determination of concrete elements
- Tomography (Ultrasonic) Survey - to determine via NDT the strength and compaction of concrete
- Schmidt Hammer (Rebound/Surface Hardness) Survey - to determine approximate concrete strength
Don't believe the hype!
The only way to accurately determine the diameter and type of bar reinforcement
is by breaking out the element.
INTRUSIVE INVESTIGATIONS IF REQUIRED
- Reinforcement Survey - necessary exposure to accurately determine bar diameter, type, depth and condition.
- Coring Investigations - to determine extent, thickness, varying layers of concrete present.
- Extraction of Concrete Cores - for compressive strength testing to obtain grade of concrete.
- Extraction of Reinforcement Samples - to determine tensile strength of reinforcing steel.
- Post Tensioned Special Inspections - exposure of anchors & tendon ducts to determine corrosion plus internal grout condition.
- Pre-stressed Beam Details - ascertaining prestressed patterns to beams by combination of excavation and coring.
Take advantage of our Open Door Policy
Even if you do not end up using HTA we are happy to advise on the best course of action for the outcome you wish to achieve.
It is impossible for one company to carry out every project, however we can share our expertise far and wide.